Blog Submission Guidelines
TWESA Blog Submission Guidelines
**Updated January 2012
We are always looking for beautiful and inspiring weddings, upcoming trends and planning advice to keep the Twesa.com blog current and up to date. And we depend on each and every one of our amazing network of pro vendors for this content. We currently accepting posts related to any and all aspects of events and weddings, including business highlights, new products exclusive to your company, recent work or hot trends that you want to show off!
- Only TWESA members can submit content for consideration on the blog.
- All content should be submitted in MS Word (.doc or .docx) with included hyperlinks, preferred formatting and all related credits. Content should be free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Included photographs submitted must be taken by a Twesa member or with the permission of a Twesa photographer (see list here). Images do not need to be any wider than 600px across and no larger than 1MB and attached as a file to the email. Images are acceptable in the following formats: .txt .doc .jpg .gif .zip .png
- Included video submitted must be taken by a Twesa member or with the permission of a Twesa videographer (see list here). If you are submitting a real wedding video, please include the link to the embedding code and necessary permissions.
- At this time, we cannot consider content from photographers or videographers outside the Twesa network.
- Twesa reserves the right to refuse any submitted content deemed inappropriate, not relevant or in poor taste.
Tips for Creating a Blog Post:
- Be yourself… the best bloggers embrace their quirky traits and let this shine through in their posts. Conversational and personable are what help you to connect with readers.
- Keep your post to less than 500 words and write in bullet points… it’s easier for a reader to scan.
- Keep the title simple and obvious… Top Five 2012 Trends in Wedding Flowers is a much better title than A Flower of a Different Color: What you can Expect in 2012.
- Don’t forget SEO! People are searching for your services so help them out by using common search terms are part of your blog or title.
- The best blogs solve a problem… how can that new service you are touting or product solve your client’s problem? Write your posts with this mind.
- Include lots of great pictures… the event industry is a very visual field. Meeting planners and brides, love pictures!
- Help to promote your content… Twesa needs your help to let prospective clients see your great work. Use Facebook or Twitter to spread the word!
- And finally, regardless of how long your have been working in events or part of Twesa, you are an expert! Embrace this and write with authority so readers know to look to you when they want a professional!